I work as a Trial Lawyer handling: Divorce/Family Law Lawyer, Child Custody Lawyer, Child Support, DSS Appeals, Criminal Defense, Possession, Distribution, Assaults, Battery, Auto Theft, Reckless Endangerment, Felonies, Misdemeanors, DWI/DUI, Traffic Cases, Auto Accidents, Personal Injury Cases, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure Defense, Antitrust Consulting, and Civil Litigation.
My firm was the Recipient of Maryland State Bar Association 2013 PBRC 'Small Firm of the Year' Award and featured in Maryland State Bar Association Bar Bulletin 'Small Firm Sets Big Example,' and I have been featured in the Frederick News-Post.
In 2014, I was named one of the 'Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyers' by the National Trial Lawyers.
In 2015, I was named one of the Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys in MD by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys. I also was named one of the 'Top 3 Attorneys' by Frederick Magazine.
In addition to general trial practice, I have completed additional training to serve as a Children's Best Interest Attorney, Family Law and General Civil Practice Mediator, and a Parent Coordinator.
I frequently volunteer my time on behalf of victims of domestic violence and sexual assault through Heartley House. My volunteer work with Heartley House has been featured in the Frederick Gorilla Magazine.
Law School Attended
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Contested and Uncontested Divorces
- High-Asset Divorce
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Child Support
- Modification of Child Custody, Child Support and Alimony
- Enforcement & Contempt
- Separation Agreements
- Legal Separation/Limited Divorce
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Valuation & Division of Marital Assets/Property
- Domestic Violence
- Criminal Law
- Assault, Including Domestic Violence
- Theft and Burglary
- Robbery and Armed Robbery
- Manslaughter and Murder
- Gun and Weapons Charges
- Carjacking and Grand Theft Auto
- Rape and Sexual Assault
- Sex Abuse of a Minor
- Possession of Marijuana, Heroin, Cocaine or other drugs
- Possession of Paraphernalia
- Possession of CDS - Not Marijuana
- Suppression Hearings
- Reckless Endangerment
- Illegal Dumping
- Dangerous Dogs
- Failure to Yield
- Failure to Signal
- Failure to Stop
- Failure to Control Vehicle Speed
- Careless or Negligent Driving
- Reckless Driving
- Fleeing the Scene of an Accident/Hit and Run
- Driving on a Suspended License